Best Gazebos are designed to offer a range of benefits by transforming your place for both personal use and commercial purpose.
Whether you want to relax with a good book or plan an outdoor party, gazebos are always there to provide the best solution. But outdoor gazebos come in all kinds of shapes, and sizes, so you might be overwhelmed by the options and get confused about what tents to buy for the ideal use. That’s where different factors come in to choose the best and right gazebo that fits your needs.
So, if you are planning a new gazebo installation in your backyard or garden, here are some important considerations to dive into before you make the investment. and woodsshop here to help you with the best gazebo including size, design, materials, types, & maintenance.
Here Are The 7 Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Gazebo
1. Design of the Gazebo
The design you want for your gazebo can vary based on the style you have in mind. Moreover, the size of the shelter and the garden or backyard will influence your choice of design.
The design may also depend on the location where you will install your gazebo. For instance, a small patio gazebo would be perfect for an existing deck or patio.
You can choose to look for different colors and designs that can match the theme of your house. In order to make your gazebo well-designed, consider choosing materials that can fit the looks as well as functionality. Make sure to go with high-quality material that can last longer and provides your gazebo more life.
2. Size of the Gazebo
The first factor to consider when choosing the gazebo for you is its size of it. The size of your gazebo will depend on the purpose. While a gazebo for special occasions could be large, a gazebo for some leisure time could be small.
Always be clear about your purpose and the location where you will place it when selecting a gazebo based on the size.
Here are some general guidelines to consider for the size of the gazebo when setting it up:
- The compact 8’ x 8’ gazebo units are the ideal solution for family sit-outs and dinners in small backyards. compact units ideal for family sit-outs and dinners in small backyards.
- When it comes to considering the universal size of the family gazebo for the accommodation of four to six guests, 12’ x 12’ would be the perfect solution.
- For small gatherings or business over dinner, you can choose to have a 14′ x 14′ gazebo with an optimized capacity of 13-15 persons.
- 18′ x 18′ for permanent as well as pop-ups, this is the gazebo size to seek if you are a social animal and love entertaining groups of up to twenty guests.
No matter what the size of the gazebo will be, you’ll make up for a square gazebo since a square brings a balance between floor space and elbow room.
3. Material Used to Make Your Gazebo Tent of
The best materials to use for building gazebos include wood, vinyl, fabrics, and metal.
- Wood: Most elements in the backyard or garden uses wood to be crafted whether it is a patio bar, furniture, or lounge chairs. The reason why wood is the most popular material for outdoor use is that it feels at home in outdoor utilities, connects you with the natural elements, and can easily blend in with your yard and garden spaces. A wooden gazebo is aesthetically pleasing and has natural materials to choose from. Speaking of the functionality of the wooden gazebo, it is nonconductive, very durable, provides natural textures, and doesn’t require much maintenance.
- Vinyl: Polyvinyl chloride or vinyl is a widely used building material. For flooring, door or window frames, and plumbing pipes, vinyl is mostly preferred. It has various characteristics such as being waterproof, climatically stable, UV resistant, stain proof, maintenance-friendly, and long-lasting. Vinyl is more affordable than wood and even doesn’t compromise on providing appealing looks.
- Fabrics: They are considered to be used more in temporary units. They provide colorful, cheerful, and vibrant looks and styles. With the vast range of colors, designs, and patterns, you can install any type of fabric gazebo with a variety of choices such as canvas, denim, and cotton with multiple layers. With fabric gazebo tents, you can add more energy to the gathering.
- Metal: Metal gazebos are more maintenance-friendly and barely require any maintenance. Metal gazebos are available in several designs to choose from. The best part is, each design is sturdy making it highly durable and those that are made from aluminum are lightweight too.
4. Types of Gazebos
You have various design options to consider:
- Wall-backed: The wall-backed gazebos are often considered affordable. They are compact, easy to build, and have four wooden or steel pillars with curtains tied to them. Some designs have a glass or acrylic enclosures with a door. If you have limited backyard space and want a gazebo installation, wall backed gazebo would be perfect. You can keep changing the looks by simply changing the drapes periodically.
- Pop-ups: Because of their temporary nature, they are ideal for special events and celebrations. Take out your pop-up kit from the attic, you are all set to install it on your patio. Their materials such as fabrics, screens, nets, and PVC films are not made to withstand sunlight, rain, or high winds.
- Canopy: These are similar to popup gazebos but provide a permanent structure. With more durable roofs made from rigid PVC sheets or other UV-resistant materials, they can last under direct sunlight. The canopy is essentially an open gazebo designed to enjoy your surroundings by reading a book, making sure an affordable luxury.
- Dome: Dome is an aesthetic variant in gazebo designs. Instead of a sloping roof falling over the hexagonal, octagonal, or square dimensions of the structure, you have a dome. It gives a colonial look to the gazebo. More importantly, you can utilize the floor space more effectively and efficiently in dome-designed gazebos because they don’t require any structural support.
The type of gazebo can vary based on its purpose of use. If you are installing it for a party, you would want it to be placed in an easily accessible place. This two-tier steel outdoor garden gazebo could be a fine choice to organize parties. If the gazebo is being installed for small family picnics, wall-installed would be the right choice. Consider placing it in a shady portion of the garden, and cut the drapes and curtains accordingly.
You must be wondering how much maintenance should your Gazebo requires. If you purchase a portable gazebo tent, you want to make sure you can keep the investment well-maintained. Purchase a high-quality tent from a reputable manufacturer in the first place. With tent maintenance tips, you can ensure that your tent lasts for years in the future.
When installing your tent, make sure to follow a step-by-step process and directions. Keep all the materials in inspection to make sure the good condition of the canopy top and straps are free of holes or tears. Also, keeping your tent clean will help increase its lifespan.
Brush off all the dirt or leaves after using your tent. Once you take down the outdoor gazebo, make sure your tent leaves all the debris. Washing out your tent after use will also help keep it clean and increase its longevity.
7. Stability Requirement
No matter what’s the size of your gazebo, an important factor to consider when choosing a gazebo is its stability. Even the sturdiest of gazebos are at risk of blowing away without a proper setup and stability. So, keeping in mind the various options, consider using anchors to set up a camping tent.
Anchors need to be staked into the ground which means setting your gazebo tent up on concrete won’t work. The primary advantage of anchors is that they are easy to transport.
Using tent weights for stability is another more versatile option because they come with a more stable surface. However, tent weights aren’t as portable as anchors. Some different materials for tent weights include sandbags, water weights, concrete blocks, or weight plates.
Get your Gazebo Installed by Experts
Is gazebo installation a hassle for you? WoodsShop solutions are here for you. There is a range of gazebos of different sizes available so that you can choose the best gazebo for you which can provide you with the best solution that fits your desire and needs for example reach out to our Facebook page to see many options.
So, what are you waiting for? Get your best quality gazebo installed at an affordable price.